.....

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Autumn. Stay a while, okay?


I used to say that summer was my absolute, without a doubt, favorite season. But as the years have gone by I think that my feelings have taken a little turn. Don't get me wrong, Summer is for sure at the top of my list, but I think that Autumn is right up there with it.
There's just something about the crispness in the air and the smell of burning leaves as you step out side. The cozy sweaters, hats, vests, and scarfs that get taken out of storage to bring warmth to our skin from the chill of the wind. It's quite refreshing after the scorching hot season we call, Summer.



Fall reminds me of days from years past, days filled with nothing but romping around outside playing in the new fallen leaves. I can remember that the nip in the air would give me a feeling of energy and stamina that I couldn't fully describe. All I knew was that I was going to stay outside for as long as the weather would permit. 

But when I would return inside the night was not yet over. We would shed our jackets, and enter the kitchen out of breath and rosy cheeked. There would be some type of warm concoction for us to sip down that would warm our worn-out bodies. And more than likely, an inviting fire would be burning in the fireplace. 
These are the memorize that will stick with me forever. And even though there is nothing very significant about them, they have made an impact.





There is something a little discouraging about Autumn for me as well though. It's a little disheartening to see all of the leaves, flowers, and the color that just brings so much life to the world, die. Whenever I feel sad about that I just try to savor this season and remind myself of all the good things that Autumn has to offer.
 


  Just ignore my awkwardness...yes please do that.


So to wrap this post up,
I just really adore you Autumn! If it were up to me, I'd make you last a few extra months. But evidently that is not the case here is Wisconsin. We've already had snow... a little too early if you ask me! :P

What are you're thoughts on Autumn? Let me know!
 

3 comments:

  1. Ella, I love your pictures, especially the first one of the leaf! :) And I feel the exact same way about fall! Summer ALWAYS used to be number one for me...but the past couple years my love has grown for autumn too, and now it's my favorite :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so gorgeous! And this post makes me miss fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love your blog and your amazing talent!!!!!:) can we follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day...literally.