.....

Monday, June 27, 2011

where to begin

(currently listening to Jack Johnson)


I'm finally back. First of all let me just say that I'm so sorry for taking forever to post. This past month has been pretty packed with us getting back from our family vacation out east, summer starting, new jobs that I'm applying for. It's pretty difficult to know where to start!

I think that instead of starting where I left off I should just start at the present. I think that if I went all the way back I wouldn't even have enough time to post about what goes on this summer!


I'm so excited for what this summer has to hold. I know that we're already almost a month into it. But I'm really just as excited about summer now as I was when I realized that there were only 31 days left of my sophomore year to accomplish.

I'd have to say that June is by far one of the most exciting months out of the year. June is where summer is still young. The days are not unbearably hot, but still warm enough that your skin can go in sun kissed by the end of the day. Not to mention my birthday is during this month as well. :)

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.  ~Gertrude Jekyll


June is for bountiful pastures full of plants stretching towards the welcoming sun. 



June is for giving horses much needed baths in the 80 degree + weather. And then filling your boots up with refreshing water from the hose to help cool off afterwards. I know it sounds a little weird, but hey it really does help! Okay...moving on. 


June is for making funny faces while sipping tart lemonade. 
These two are funny. I like them. 


June is for picking fresh strawberries. 
I think that strawberries are just some of the most beautiful fruits ever! They are so cheery and pleasant to the eye. 

It's weird to think that with the change of every month the all the things around us on this earth will change as well.

But what makes me smile is that even though those little commodities change we can rest in the fact that our God will never change! He is the same yesterday today and forever.


So, as this post is reminiscing about some of the thrills and pleasures of June, lets remember that it won't last forever. And let us find happiness and joy when we remember that our God is always going to be there for us, and that he is coming back soon! 


But for the record, June sure is wonderful! 


Have a wonderful day!


-ella

1 comment:

comments make my day...literally.