.....

Thursday, April 28, 2011

awkward and awesome thursday.

Before I go any further, I would just like to say, Happy belated Easter! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, it will all change in the Summer, trust me! :) 

I hope that you all had a wonderful time remembering and celebrating the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus! When I was little I can remember Easter meaning candy, Egg Hunts, the Easter Bunny, and a big meal with all of our family. But as the years passed by I realized that it is SO MUCH MORE than that! :) It is about remembering the sacrifice that Jesus made so we could spend eternity with Him. And then celebrating His amazing resurrection! 
Right now the only words that come to mind are from the song "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns:

*Chorus*

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

So let us not dwell only on His death, but let us also remember that glorious day when He rose, just like he promised! Also let us realize that that is not where the story ends, He is coming back everyone! And one day we will be with our Lord, Jesus Christ in eternity forever!
I hope that you all had a very meaningful Easter this year!

(Now, switching gears, haha)
 
awkward:

-Thinking that nobodies watching as you sing around your room in an unruly way. And then realize that you're little sister is standing right outside the door.



I'd have to say that this picture of one our chickens is pretty awkward! (I would tell you her name but they all look the same so we don't name them :) ) 
- Getting beleaguered by a mob of hungry chickens. I probably looked like a maniac...it's not unusual though, is that a bad thing? :/ ;) 


 
- Forgetting to send an email that your dad wanted you to send  before he gets home from work. And then trying to come up with a reason why you forgot, and the only thing you can come up with to tell him is, "I just forgot".  Yes...I was gulity, and it was awkward, Ahem



















 
-This picture. It was taken a long time ago, but our faces are just priceless. It was taken the day of the Super Bowl...which the Packers won!!! Whooo whoo, and we're showing off our Packer Pride! By the way the two other girls are my beautiful cousins Hannah and Lindsay. Hannah is on the left and Lindsay's  in the middle. Man do I love those girls.<3


awesome:

-The feeling that I get when I remember that there are only 29 more days until summer! Which means only 29 more days of school left! Hopefully I don't make the days pass longer than they should because I'm thinking about summer SO MUCH. 


-Easter eggs = awesome


-My new love Polyvore.
Man do I love that website! It's so fun to design outfits with such a wide variety of cloths and accessories to choose from , you should check it out! :)


-These buds. I'm always so excited for when they pop out every Spring on these bushes that are by our patio. They are just so vibrant and flawless. It's a trace of our brilliant creator, and how he adds a little bit of himself in his creation. 


-The song Best Day by Taylor Swift. It brings back so many memories for me. It's such a sweet and innocent song! To say that I'm obsessed with her music is a vast, vast understatement. 

Are there any awkward or awesome moments that you've had? I'd love to hear em! 











1 comment:

comments make my day...literally.