.....

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

checkers

 








We were up north just this past weekend with some of our family. And the cabin that we stayed at had this very unique checker board. I thought that it was so cute that I just had to snap a few pictures! :)  

P.S. Sorry for the gap between the writing and the photo. I tried to fix it but it wasn't cooperating. Computer malfunction I guess! :P


I thought that the idea of using soda caps as the pieces on the board was so clever! 








































And I just had to take a photo of this antique chair that was by the table were the checkers were. I just love anything antique! 
I'm in the process of sort of "re-decorating" my room. I'm searching for antique desks, chairs, and well...anything that is vintage or outdated. I'm pretty excited! :)

One last thing...
my cousin Leah is studying abroad in Guatemala. And I would really appreciate your prayers for her as she is experiencing new things in a totally different culture over there. It definitely is going to be a great experience for her! She actually has her own blog! Just click here to check it out and follow her! 

Hope your day is full of Gods love! :) 

-ella joy

3 comments:

  1. this post is cute! Your pictures are great. I've never seen a checker board like this one before. love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try looking at the html side of your post to get rid of the extra white space? Just a thought...
    I really like how you capture the rusticness (?sp) of the checkers and the chair. Defiantly makes it look interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the chair, I like how you got an up above shot. Great job:)

    <3 Josey

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day...literally.