.....

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

what Christmas is to me (part 1)




A cup of hot steaming tea: To make it even better, throw in a blanket and a book...now, my friend, you're speaking my language! ;)


Everyone has their own drink that is soothing to them. For me it's tea, and for many others, it's coffee. But I've decided that I'm not going to be a big coffee-addict. Not that I have nothing against coffee drinkers, I actually think that I'm addicted to Star Bucks my self! But I'm not going to be the type of person who drinks like 5 cups every morning. So, I'll stick to my Black Tangerine Zinger tea, thank you very much...


 Warm Sweet Potato Bread: It might sound a bit odd "Sweet Potato Bread", but once I took that first bite I wasn't going back! We made some yesterday and I came up with the idea to add the white frosting. And I'm glad that I did cause it made the photos look all the better...and yummier!

Here's the recipe...
Sweet Potato Pound Cake: 
Nonstick baking spray with flour
3 cups all-purpose flour 
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt 
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened 
11/2 cups granulated sugar 
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes(or you can use canned)
4 large eggs, at room temp.
3/4 cup chopped pecans 

Preheat oven to 325 F. 

I've decided that I'm going to make a couple different parts to this post because there are just too many things to post about during this very special time of year!

Can you believe that it's already the eighth? Only 17 more days people! Aaaahhh! Can . not . wait!

Have a fantastic day!

-ella joy

2 comments:

  1. Ella I love Star Bucks. Great Photos.
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures, very good:)
    Have you tried chia tea? It's the best!
    And I'll have to try that bread, looks tasty.

    <3 Josey

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day...literally.