.....

Thursday, December 2, 2010

confession

Okay,
I know that it's pretty late right now. Usually I don't post this late, but I just really felt like I should because I probably wont be able to tomorrow. :) So here it goes...

I have a confession to make.

I have not been the best blogger that I can be to you all, to myself, and to the LORD. I know, it sounds pretty random and confussing. But for the last couple months blogging has been very very stressful. I was worrying too much about my posts, and the pictures that I took, and even the words that I said.

(And I really want to be real with you, so bear with me)

I was getting too wrapped up in the whole "Acceptance" ordeal.
And I just wanted to tell you all that God has recently helped me realize that my blogging shouldn't be about what others think(if they will be impressed or not). But it should be about what HE thinks, about what is pleasing to Him. I know it probably sounds so original, cause this might be common to some bloggers.

But I'm writing to you from my heart. And I hope that that's one of the reasons why readers will like to look at and read my blog.

I created this blog because I thought it would be a good way to improve my writing and photography skills by sharing them with you. And I don't think that's a bad thing. But when it gets to the point of where the MAIN REASON for my blog is not at the center anymore...well, then we have a problem.

The main reason that this blog is here:  is for you and others to be blessed. And  so we can grow in our spiritual walk together! To "Live out our Lifesong"! I know...corny much? But it's so TRUE!

I LOVE BLOGGING! I know that I just started not to long ago. So that's why I want to grow in the art of it. But I really don't want to be sweating through my shirt about every little detail in the process!

Sorry maybe that was being a little too real...;)

So, from now on blogging is going to change. At least MY perspective of it.

I want my posts to make your day. I want you to be able to laugh with me when life is going great, and to cry with me when things seem a little hazy.

Hopefully we can learn form each other. I always have room for improvement, believe me!

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." 
Galatians 1:10

This verse has been penetrating me for a long time. It still continues to. But God is working and helping me to be more laid back and not so worried about what others think of me. Hopefully it helps you too!

Love:
ella joy

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella, we love you and your blog no matter what... miss you all!
    Aunt Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella really nice post I will love your blog no matter what you do on it ( it is yours ).
    Louis

    ReplyDelete

comments make my day...literally.